The 2015 Analytic Theology Cluster Group at University of Navarra (Spain)
The Cluster Group in Analytic Theology at the University of Navarra “Philosophical and Theological Perspectives on Divine Providence” gather together philosophers and theologians to study and discuss the main approaches made to this issue with an analytic methodology. As a result of the group activities Analytic Theology will be introduced for the first time in Spanish academia. The Cluster Group is supported by the Project “Analytic Theology” of the Center for Philosophy of Religion of the University of Notre Dame, funded by the John Templeton Foundation.
We will hold ten monthly Seminars related to our research project. Topics include:
- Providence, Omniscience and Foreknowledge.
- Providence and Divine Action.
- Providence and Evil.
- Providence, Libertarian Free Will and Determinism.
Two of the seminars will be given by two guests lecturers, Eleonore Stump and Brian Leftow. But also, we have two Public Lectures at Room 03, Amigos Building, University of Navarra. Participation is free without need of reservation.
- Lecture 1 (Monday 2 March, 2015), Brian Leftow: Providence Determinism and Hell.
- Lecture 2 (Monday 20 April, 2015), Eleonore Stump: Eternity, Simplicity, and Divine Presence.
For further information you can have a look at our website: http://www.unav.edu/en/web/facultad-de-filosofia-y-letras/analytic-theology